Trailer Bridge is looking for energetic, self-motivated, go-getters to join and be part of our fast growing logistics business. As a Brokerage Branch Manager, you will have the opportunity to establish a new branch office and team, and be given the tools to “make it happen”. As a Brokerage Branch Manager you will be responsible for directing the sales, customer service, operations, and facility control of the branch, as well as be accountable for the Profit and Loss results for of the facility.
We are committed to not only recognizing our top performers, but also to promoting and rewarding their success. We are excited and ready to bring new sites online with leadership that is eager to learn, passionate about their personal growth, and focused on making Trailer Bridge the customer’s first choice.
- Hire, train and manage a sales team to drive sales within the branch.
- Prepares budgets and forecasts.
- Find customers for your office.
- Leverage current assets and carrier relationships to develop customer solutions.
- Work with outside sales force to develop business.
- Strong work ethic and ability to produce at all levels of the branch operation.
- Maintain the highest standard of customer service and business conduct in accordance with company polices.
- Maintain follow up procedures for collections.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Handles other projects and duties as assigned by the CEO.
- Follows written procedures as documented in the Trailer Bridge ISO 9001:2000 quality processes.
- Upholds company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting/Finance, Logistics or related background required.
- 5 years of Relevant Brokerage/Transportation experience in operations and/or sales management.
- Proven sales track record and/or leading a sales team.
- Must possess excellent teamwork habits to function in a cooperative, interactive commercial group.
- Applicant must have a strong sense of customer satisfaction and desire for every customer interaction to be a positive one.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients and customers.
- Superior telephone skills/personal contact skills including previous telephone customer contact.
- Negotiation skills are essential.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and schedule form.
- Computer skills a must with knowledge of MS Office suite of software.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills a must.
- Ability to travel if needed, and sometimes with short notice.
- Supports the culture of Trailer Bridge by modeling the attributes and TB12 Core Values of a TB team member.
- Demonstrated ability to perform under a variety of conditions and constraints.
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment and make appropriate decisions.
- Ability to initiate and implement creative solutions.
EEO/AA Institution. Protected veterans and individuals with disability encouraged to apply.