Trailer Bridge is looking for energetic, self-motivated, go-getters to join and be part of our fast growing logistics business. As a Brokerage Branch Manager, you will have the opportunity to establish a new branch office and team, and be given the tools to “make it happen”. As a Brokerage Branch Manager, you will be responsible for directing the sales, customer service, operations, and facility control of the branch, as well as be accountable for the Profit and Loss results for of the facility.
We are committed to not only recognizing our top performers, but also to promoting and rewarding their success. We are excited and ready to bring new sites online with leadership that is eager to learn, passionate about their personal growth, and focused on making Trailer Bridge the customer’s first choice.
- Hire, train and manage a sales team to drive sales within the branch.
- Prepares budgets and forecasts.
- Find customers for your office.
- Leverage current assets and carrier relationships to develop customer solutions.
- Work with outside sales force to develop business.
- Strong work ethic and ability to produce at all levels of the branch operation.
- Maintain the highest standard of customer service and business conduct in accordance with company polices.
- Maintain follow up procedures for collections.
- Responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive logistics strategy for the non-asset division
- Identify, implement, and manage a best in class TMS technology
- Fully comprehend TMS system and create tools and education guides for teams to better utilize TMS
- Execute revenue enhancing strategic partnerships
- Staff development through measurable goals of achievement and success, to include monthly performance reporting to all personnel
- Achieve and exceed customer service standards both internal and external
- Respond to RFPs with a high degree of detail and in a timely manner, through coordination with all branches within the network
- Assist all branches in prospecting and cold calling to develop new customers
- Identify and strategic plan for new platforms to sell to customers, less-than-truckload, intermodal, consolidation, and air freight
- Track and forecast operational trends and analysis
- Stay current with industry trends and competitor activity
- Recruit and coordinate branch expansion with high end personnel
- Financial planning, forecasting, and budgeting, to include business unit expense management, sales plan and execution, and ongoing business plan to achieve business objectives, reported on a regular basis to leadership team
- Play a key role in the Senior Leadership Team in the establishment of strategic performance expectations and operations
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Moderate travel within the United States
- Other requests provided by the CEO or VP of Logistics
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Handles other projects and duties as assigned by Vice President Sales.
- Follows written procedures as documented in the Trailer Bridge ISO 9001:2000 quality processes.
- Upholds company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting/Finance, Logistics or related background required.
- 5 years of Relevant Brokerage/Transportation experience in operations and/or sales management.
- Proven sales track record and/or leading a sales team.
- Have 10+ years of experience in 3rd Party Logistics
- Extensive knowledge and experience with growth and management of asset and non-asset business models
- Must possess excellent teamwork habits to function in a cooperative, interactive commercial group.
- Applicant must have a strong sense of customer satisfaction and desire for every customer interaction to be a positive one.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients and customers.
- Superior telephone skills/personal contact skills including previous telephone customer contact.
- Negotiation skills are essential.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and schedule form.
- Computer skills a must with knowledge of MS Office suite of software.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills a must.
- Ability to travel if needed, and sometimes with short notice.
- Supports the culture of Trailer Bridge by modeling the attributes and TB12 Core Values of a TB team member…
- Demonstrated ability to perform under a variety of conditions and constraints.
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment and make appropriate decisions.
- Ability to initiate and implement creative solutions.
EEO/AA Institution. Protected veterans and individuals with disability encouraged to apply.