The Support Services Coordinator is responsible for various processes pertaining to completion of domestic and international bills of lading, invoices, arrival notices for all manifested shipments where Trailer Bridge is responsible. This includes documentation, application of contract rates or tariff rates, processing invoices, generating arrival notices, timely communications to various regulatory agencies, communications with customers, validating information, performing quality assurance or other tasks as needed.
Documentation and Invoicing
- Review premanifest lists, stow plan lists and manifests to ensure all boarded shipments, northbound and southbound are appropriately documented, invoiced and and notified to the customer
- Prepare and enter all description information for accurate completion of the ocean bill of lading.
- Validates all data elements for accuracy against shippers paperwork and questions or escalates any inconsistency with the Account Manager or customer to ensure efficient exportation of cargo and ensuring that service commitments are achieved and maintained.
- Provides clients with advice concerning terms of delivery, payment, insurance and ancillary services affecting the client’s needs.
- Issues and submits documentation in compliance with all relevant laws and processes
- Document shipments per regulatory guidelines including but not limited to In Bond, USDA, US Customs, Hazardous, Schedule B and HTS Code requirements.
- Regularly follow up with customers and Account Managers regarding customer inquiries, problem solving needs regarding discrepancies to ensure deadlines are met and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures appropriate application of rates to customer invoices per Trailer Bridge pricing contracts/tariffs
- Ensure documentation status reports are updated timely.
- Issue invoicing, attaching back up paperwork when required, as per customer profiles when assigned.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Completion of barge objectives within scheduled deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and adhere to deadlines.
- Maintain high accuracy scores for bills of ladings and invoices.
- Continually pursue cross training within the department and organization.
- Uphold company policies, and supports equal opportunity employment objectives.
- Handle other duties as assigned by the team lead, Director and company executives.
- 3-4 years previous experience in documentation and rating in the marine or other applicable industry.
- Familiarity with applicable regulations and customs reporting and filing requirements
- Strong PC and software skills, preferably in an AS400 environment, as well as a working knowledge of Excel spreadsheet development
- Very good verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English and Spanish preferred
- Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Good analytical skills with attention to detail
- Good sense of urgency
- Team and production oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Supports the culture of Trailer Bridge by modeling and encouraging the TB12 – Trailer Bridge’s core values
EEO/AA Institution. Protected veterans and individuals with disability encouraged to apply.