The Marine Operations Coordinator-BIT provides administrative support to the Marine Operations Department. This includes, but is not limited to, verification and input of documents to assure records are maintained timely and accurately in order to meet company and regulatory requirements. The Coordinator assists the vehicle division by providing customer service functions including tasks required for receiving and delivering cars. In addition, the Coordinator assists the Equipment Control Department by performing BIT yard checks, system updates, processing paperwork for dispatches, and answering customer inquiries.
- Updates vessel schedules in the corporate AS400 system with daily communications to all employees.
- Prepares monthly marine efficiency reports.
- Verifies and inputs document data received from gate and vessel operations as directed by port management.
- Provides support to customers calling to inquire about our service and/or their freight.
- Provides support to customers delivering/picking up freight at the port.
- Responsible for Wharfage and Assessment Reporting, and US Corps of Engineering Reporting.
- Assists with purchasing and ISO 9001:2008 documentation and compliance.
- Codes and distributes invoices in a timely fashion in accordance with Accounting PO policies and procedures.
- Assists with vessel arrivals and departures.
- Provides vessel and yard preparation/support. This includes but is not limited to carrying battery packs to the yard and jump starting vehicles; driving/positioning vehicles on the yard.
- Processes dangerous/hazardous cargo and prepares Hazardous Cargo Manifest for vessels.
- Provides support to the Trailer Supervisor/Port dispatcher and acts as back up for this position as needed.
- Assists with vehicle receipt/delivery as needed.
- Performs yard inventory on daily basis, prepares daily projection list, and distributes to Marine personnel.
- Assists with processing export vehicle documentation.
- Performs export vehicle yard inventory on a daily basis and updates the vehicle status report located on the company website.
- Performs daily credit card payment reconciliation.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Handles other duties as assigned by the Sr. Manager
- Follows written procedures as documented in the Trailer Bridge ISO 9001:2008 quality processes
- Upholds company policies
- 2-3 years previous experience in administrative or customer service positions, preferably in the marine industry
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent PC skills, including experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good data entry skills with minimum 45 wpm typing
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
- Experience with AS400 computer systems preferred
- Highly organized with strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent phone skills, customer service oriented
- Ability to obtain security clearance for access to Port Terminals
- Valid driver license
- Punctual with excellent attendance
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to remain calm and productive in a high-volume environment
- Ability to work independently and make appropriate decisions
- Ability to work overtime on short notice and/or work a varying schedule that may include early or late shift starts, as well as weekends
- Supports the culture of Trailer Bridge by modeling the core values of a Trailer Bridge team member, the TB12
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors as needed
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Ability to carry 25 lbs. of equipment for distances approximately 100 feet
- Ability to lift overhead