Dear Valued Customer,
Please be advised effective in thirty (30) days for cargo moving internationally, Trailer Bridge will be updating the following rules.
Goods Other Than Emergency Equipment Rule 035.01
Carrier will not accept Dealer Vehicles, NOS and Vehicles, NOS, both not exceeding 900 CFT, with additional articles, not part of the vehicle, in or on the vehicle other than normal emergency equipment. If, without the Carrier’s knowledge, a Dealer Vehicle or Privately Owned Vehicle is received with equipment other than emergency equipment, Shipper/Owner does so at their own risk for loss or damage of the goods. Shipper/Owner also acknowledges that any documentation presented to Carrier indicating cargo value does not constitute consent by the Carrier, expressed or implied. Claims will not be accepted.
Goods not in trailer exceeding 900 CFT (excluding shipper owned/leased units) containing additional articles loaded in or on said vehicle(s), must be properly manifested by the shipper on the dock receipt. Boats on trailer will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. The additional articles will move at the Shipper/Owners risk for loss or damage of the goods. Claims will not be accepted. Additional articles will be charged as follows:
Sealed Enclosed Trailers or Truck Cabs........................$300 per loaded Trailer/Cab
Open Trailers Loaded with loose articles
Not to exceed the dimensions of the trailer....................$300 per 900 CFT of Space
Privately Owned Vehicles, Machinery
Equipment, and/or Recreational Vehicles
loaded as additional cargo on another unit.................. $300 per item loaded on a single unit
Security Surcharge Rule 10.01
- A security surcharge will apply on all cargo shipments, excluding contract rates, moving to or from the United States as follows;
- VEHICLES - POV, NOS AND ROLLING STOCK
- $20.00 UP TO 700 CUBIC FEET
- $50.00 OVER 700 CUBIC FEET
- FCL – (40 & 53 Containers)
- $112 PER CONTAINER / TRAILER
- All containers or shipper owned or leased containers/trailers are to arrive to origin port sealed. If a container or shipper owned or leased containers/trailers arrives to the port without seals a high security seal will be provided at the expense of the shipper. If a customer request seals be provided upon arrival to the port, seals can be provided at the expense of the shipper. All seals used meet or exceed the current PAS/ISO 17712 standards for High Security Seals.
Should you have any questions or require additional information please do not hesitate to contact your Trailer Bridge Sales Representative or Account Manager at 1-800-727-3859.