As an Intermodal Mode Manager, you will have the opportunity to establish and lead a new service offering within Trailer Bridge, and be given the tools to “make it happen”. You will be responsible for directing the sales, customer service, and operations for the Intermodal business line. We are committed to not only recognizing our top performers, but also to promoting and rewarding their success.
- Provide customers and sales associates with intermodal rates on an as needed basis, including daily spot rates, short term and long term rates.
- Ability to price bid packages for customer requests, ensuring that rates are submitted within the deadlines given by the customer.
- Develop and maintain relationships with drayage and rail vendor staff and sales associates.
- Negotiate rates and services with rail, drayage, steamship and other service providers.
- Work cooperatively with the operations staff, ensuring utilization of best rail routing options ensuring enhanced margin levels while maintaining best service offerings to customers
- Have a thorough knowledge of the North American rail system as well as rail vendors that provide service offerings to Trailer Bridge.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of accounts and their rate and routing structures.
- Assist with data base maintenance as necessary, including customer and vendor rates.
- Must be able to manage and resolve rate issues for Trailer Bridge customers as required.
- Prepare miscellaneous reports and assist with projects when necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other applicable field, and 5+ years of intermodal experience, preferably with pricing. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Prior intermodal experience, with particular emphasis on spot market rating to customers
- Proven sales track record and/or leading a sales team.
- Must possess excellent teamwork habits to function in a cooperative, interactive commercial group.
- Applicant must have a strong sense of customer satisfaction and desire for every customer interaction to be a positive one.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients and customers.
- Superior telephone skills/personal contact skills including previous telephone customer contact.
- Negotiation skills are essential.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and schedule form.
- Computer skills a must with knowledge of MS Office suite of software.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills a must.
- Ability to travel if needed, and sometimes with short notice.
- Supports the culture of Trailer Bridge by modeling the attributes and TB12 Core Values of a TB team member
- Other Characteristics
- Demonstrated ability to perform under a variety of conditions and constraints.
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment and make appropriate decisions.
- Ability to initiate and implement creative solutions.
EEO/AA Institution. Protected veterans and individuals with disability encouraged to apply