As an LTL Mode Manager, you will have the opportunity to establish and lead a new service offering within Trailer Bridge, and be given the tools to “make it happen”. You will be responsible for directing the sales, customer service, and operations for the Less-Than-Truckload business line. We are committed to not only recognizing our top performers, but also to promoting and rewarding their success.
- Analyze Less-Than-Truckload freight bid data and coordinate with sales to jointly develop an account penetration and profit optimization strategy for each business opportunity.
- Analyze and project profit margins for existing customers and potential (new) account opportunities.
- Upon request, prepare complex custom reports using a host of proprietary tools as well as Microsoft Excel, or other Microsoft Office products.
- Make account pricing decisions based upon business data, market trends, and cost pressures.
- Provide support for Account Executives in response to customers’ needs and concerns.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide customers and sales associates with LTL rates on an as needed basis, including daily spot rates, short term and long term rates.
- Ability to price bid packages for customer requests, ensuring that rates are submitted within the deadlines given by the customer.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of accounts and their rate and routing structures.
- Assist with data base maintenance as necessary, including customer and vendor rates.
- Must be able to manage and resolve rate issues for Trailer Bridge customers as required.
- Prepare miscellaneous reports and assist with projects when necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other applicable field and 5+ years of less-than-truckload experience, preferably with pricing. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Must possess excellent teamwork habits to function in a cooperative, interactive commercial group.
- Applicant must have a strong sense of customer satisfaction and desire for every customer interaction to be a positive one.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients and customers.
- Superior telephone skills/personal contact skills including previous telephone customer contact.
- Negotiation skills are essential.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and schedule form.
- Computer skills a must with knowledge of MS Office suite of software.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills a must.
- Ability to travel if needed, and sometimes with short notice.
- Supports the culture of Trailer Bridge by modeling the attributes and TB12 Core Values of a TB team member
- Other Characteristics
- Demonstrated ability to perform under a variety of conditions and constraints.
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment and make appropriate decisions.
- Ability to initiate and implement creative solutions.
EEO/AA Institution. Protected veterans and individuals with disability encouraged to apply