Trailer Bridge is looking for energetic, talented, self-motivated go-getters to join our growing team. As a Vessel Operations Maintenance Technician you will have the opportunity to develop a successful and energetic career and be given the tools and training to “Make it Happen”. In this role you will operate and maintain the Ro/Ro barge systems and controls in order to meet sailing schedules in a timely manner. This role also performs barge arrival and departure requirements, and also performs preventive maintenance on other related equipment as needed. We are excited and ready to bring new members on the team who are eager to learn and are passionate about their personal growth, while making TB the customer’s first choice.
- Operates and maintains vessel equipment, including but not limited to:
- Diesel-powered electrical generating equipment, switchgear and distribution systems
- Air compressors
- Electrical and electro-hydraulic ballast pumps
- Conduct inspection of each arriving barge, verifying condition and operation of systems and equipment
- Conduct routine maintenance on installed barge systems
- Maintain and repair triplestack box carrier/LoLo barges
- Clean barge of trash, rigging equipment, and other debris to ensure proper drainage
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Handles other duties as assigned by the Vessel Ops Manager.
- Follows written procedures as documented in the Trailer Bridge ISO 9001:2000 quality processes.
- Consistently model and encourage the TB12 - Trailer Bridge’s core values.
- 2-3 years related maritime experience
- Must possess or be qualified to obtain a TWIC badge, as it is a requirement to gain access to the Port
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Good communications skills, written and oral
- Hands-on mechanical experience in maintaining vessels
- Strong technical knowledge of barges and tugs
- Knowledgeable of maritime material handling functions;
- Use of tide tables, to enable proficient ballasting operations
- Rigging of towing gear, winches, and hoisting equipment
- Marlinspike seamanship, mooring lines, and hardware
- Ability to operate mechanical equipment, including forklifts and cranes
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activity.
- Marine mechanic with electrical and welding skills preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in lift equipment and safety operations or forklift certifications and licenses.
- Punctual with excellent attendance
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including long shifts, nights, and weekends
- Team player who can work and interact well with others
- Ability to lift and carry 75 lb.
- Frequent bending, kneeling, reaching and climbing.
- Ability to work in awkward positions.
- Ability to climb up and down vertical ladders.
- Ability to work in and around shipboard voids.
- Ability to wear hard hat, safety shoes, and eye and hearing protection.