Dear Trailer Bridge Customers,
With everything moving so fast I wanted to make sure you knew some of the things we have been doing to support your supply chain. Please reach out to your TB team and let them know if you can use these solutions or if there is something else we can help you with.
- Immediately put in a 5th sailing with the Brooklyn Bridge. Created an additional 300 container movements per sailing. Every other week we offer 3 sailings out of Jacksonville and on the opposite week have 2 sailings out of Jacksonville.
- JB Hunt, our exclusive intermodal partner, has increased sourced capacity throughout the entire United States.
- We have leased 150,000 square feet of warehouse space in San Juan, PR. We know that several facilities are closed and can’t unload freight, therefore if you need a short term storage solution so you can have access to an empty container we can make that happen.
- Trailer Bridge Logistics has been supporting clients with domestic movements to Jacksonville from all over the country with transfers into our ocean equipment.
- Increased our 40’ chassis fleet by more than 20%.
- Increased our 40’ container fleet by more than 20%.
- Purchased and secured more 53’ containers.
- Secured 53’ trailers on a long term lease to support the increased volumes.
- Trailer Bridge has always been a wheeled operations, meaning our containers are always on wheels. We immediately put in a full time staff to convert our operations to both wheeled and grounded in Jacksonville and San Juan, as chassis have become a critical commodity.
- Improved the flow of traffic at our San Juan terminal so drivers wait less than an hour to secure a load or return an empty.
- Pre-staged Gensets in San Juan for clients that require immediate power needs.
- Burning excess fuel with our tugs, resulting in a ½ day improvement of transit times.