The future is bright here at Trailer Bridge as we celebrate 30 years of providing seamless transportation services and superior customer experiences and look to the future with a focus on how we can expand our offerings to serve the needs of our customers.
Malcom McLean founded Trailer Bridge in April 1991 after years of developing the modern shipping container. His innovations shortened transit times and reduced freight costs, transforming the global shipping industry. We have continued McLean’s pioneering work by always adopting first-class equipment that is increasingly energy-efficient and investing in state-of-the-art information and tracking systems.
Although Trailer Bridge was established to create an integrated truckload transportation system between the United States and Puerto Rico, we have grown into a full-service brokerage and logistics solution provider moving goods across North America.
“Trailer Bridge was founded on innovation, and innovating is what we have spent the past 30 years doing – from growing our service offerings throughout the Caribbean to expanding the business into a full-service asset-light logistics provider,” said Trailer Bridge CEO Mitch Luciano. “And the growth isn’t stopping. We have an incredible team in place that is passionate about serving our customers and their passion is driving the company forward.”
Here are a few of our major milestones:
- In February 1992, we made our first shipment from Jacksonville to San Juan, Puerto Rico
- In 1997, we went public on NASDAQ and moved our headquarters to Jacksonville
- In 2000, we unveiled our shipment tracking tool, and joined the Environmental Protection Agency’s Climate Wise Program to increase energy efficiency and reduce air pollution
- In 2006, we joined the SmartWaySM Transport Partnership to help reduce greenhouse gases and received its Environmental Excellence Award in 2008
- In 2010, we began offering weekly service between Jacksonville and Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
- In 2012, we reached our one-millionth customer booking and established TB Logistics
- In 2020, we were named one of America’s Best Workplaces by Inc. Magazine
And there are many more ahead of us!
Today, we have 3,600+ shipping containers and 100+ truck owner-operators with more than 3,000 private chassis, making us one of the world’s largest fleets and establishing ourselves as an industry leader.
The evolution of Trailer Bridge continues with exciting growth ahead in the next 30 years ahead of us. We look forward to being your trusted logistics partner. For a personalized look at your cargo needs connect with our team at MakeitHappen@trailerbridge.com.